Current focus during the pandemic is on teaching Baby Massage to Parents.
A gentle touch reinforces love, safety and trust between parent and child, making infant massage a wonderful way to enhance bonding between parents and babies, while providing numerous other benefits for the baby & parents.
While massaging babies is a part of our tradition, as a new parent one might feel hesitant to allow a stranger to touch and handle one’s baby for various reasons such as the massage providers’ knowledge, technique, hygiene, intention & energy.
Come join us to learn the gentle, loving touch, designed to support brain development and provide comfort to a newborn's body. You will learn effective ways to massage & soothe your baby in a supportive, casual environment. Moms, dads (great way for Dad’s to spend quality time and be included in baby’s care), grandparents and caregivers are all welcome to attend. Here is an activity that you and your baby can enjoy together and you get to meet other parents in a relaxed environment!
The benefits presented for baby massage are compelling: improvement in overall health and sleep, reduction in stress levels, boosting the immune system and easing an infant's colic or even constipation.
Massage your baby to:
- Promote strong bonding between you and your baby
- Provide stress release and relaxation for both you and your child
- Stimulate the nervous system to help baby’s brain development
- Aid digestion and elimination, reduce symptoms of constipation, colic, gas
- Induce deeper, more restful sleep
- Improve nursing patterns
- Strengthen the circulatory system to promote appropriate weight gain
- Facilitate the development and functioning of the baby’s respiratory system
- Enhance immune system functioning for both baby and parent
- Put you in tune with your baby, and help you feel more confident in caring for your child
- Reduce muscular tension, facilitate muscle tone, development, and coordination
- Improved eye contact and socialization
- Enjoy parental empowerment and confidence